People fall in love everyday. People have babies everyday. In fact, there are about 4 babies born each second throughout the world, but who’s counting. These are ordinary occurrences that happen every day! But not to me…
I was 32 years old when I met Kiley. I won’t even go into the people I dated before meeting Kiley, let me just say that it was a long and winding road that lead me to Kiley. The road with Kiley was not without its bumps, but we made it. I was 33 (just 9 days shy of 34) when we married in July of 2005. On that day, I married my best friend. We have shared so many great memories since then, and I can’t wait to create many, many more. There is no one else that I would rather be on this journey with than him!
On January 21, 2009, I gave birth to Gabrielle Grace Brannon. Yes, I know that people have babies everyday, but Gabbie was no ordinary miracle to me. As soon as I delivered her, they whisked her away to be cleaned. I could see her and my eyes filled with tears. I had wanted to be a mom for SO LONG! I use to tell my mom when I was 14 that I was ready to be a mom… I realize now that I was totally wrong, but the point is I had wanted to be a mother for 20+ years! Now I was! That goopy little screaming girl was mine, mine and Kileys! I didn’t have to give her back or just go visit her, she was mine!
Then Kiley brought her to me and laid her in my arms. She was beautiful! A little swollen and beaten up, but absolutely beautiful! My mom and dad were her first visitors. As I looked at my mom with my little girl in her arms, I prayed for one more miracle in my life… Please, Lord, help me be the kind of mom to Gabbie that my mom has been to me!
One morning while feeding Gabbie and flipping through the TV stations, I caught the end of Charlotte’s Web. The song during the credits totally hit me. It is by Sarah McLachlan and it is called Ordinary Miracle. I listened to the song as I held my little girl, and tears just filled my eyes. I was holding my “Ordinary Miracle” in my arms.
Gabbie is 4 weeks old today! I have spent hundreds of hours, literally, holding her and studying her. Her lips, her ears, her eyes, her mouth, her tongue, her hands, her feet, her toes, and every single finger. I am continually amazed at the miracle in my life. I love to watch Kiley with her, as she grabs his fingers and looks into his eyes.
I look at them both and am so grateful that I held on to my dreams, that I didn’t give up! There were times I wanted to! I thought it would NEVER happen for me… but here I am. I have a wonderful husband who loves me. A gorgeous, perfect little girl! Ordinary? Not to me. To me, they are Extraordinary!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Ordinary Miracle, Not To Me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You are very lucky! And I'm glad that you realize that too.
Beautiful post! Love the video and your sweet words! And I am so happy that you have your miracles in your life!
Love you!
What a sweet post! No one deserves these miracles more than you!
I understand all about ordinary... excuse me, extraordinary miracles. I see them in my life every day; I'm so glad they're happening to you, too.
Love the video! Such a cute post. Can't wait to meet Gabbie in a few months! Love you guys.
Kim I am so happy for you. You are going to be the best mom, I just know it. Miss ya!
- Brandi
Hi Kim ~ That is such a sweet post and even though I've only known you for a short time (and mostly at work):) I do know that Kiley and Gabbie are just as fortunate to have you! You are a beautiful family.
I couldn't be happier for you Kimmy! Gabbie is adorable. Thanks for letting me tend her last night. She is a beautiful, precious baby girl, and blessed to have you for her mother. (And Kiley for her dad!)
Love you all
Gabbie is so cute love Anna.
Your post truly says it all! What a beautiful tribute to your family and dreams! Congratulations on your new baby...she is perfect! Thanks for sharing...I'll go wipe my eyes now. (Sniff)
Post a Comment