Dallas and his owie!
I found a little blister like growth on Dallas this past Sunday. His Grandpa took him to the vet ASAP on Monday to make sure he was okay. The vet said we needed to get it taken off and tested this week. She thought it was just a benign growth, but wanted to make sure. This had all of us here a little worried. He went in first thing this morning and had it removed. He had to stay at the vet until 3:30 to ensure he was doing okay and came out of the anesthesia okay. He did good but is still extremely groggy. He has been walking around in a total daze all night. The vet said she is confident it isn’t cancer, but has sent it off to be analyzed just to be safe.

Dallas all drugged up! This is not his normal look...
I am not sure who had a tougher day, Dallas all drugged up or Stella alone wondering where her best bud was. You would think she would be in 7th heaven to have a day alone with her Grandpa, but she is just not herself without Dallas.
Dallas and Stella... they literally spend 24 hours a day together. It isn't often that they are seperated, but when they are, it really throws them for a loop!

Dallas all drugged up! This is not his normal look...
I am not sure who had a tougher day, Dallas all drugged up or Stella alone wondering where her best bud was. You would think she would be in 7th heaven to have a day alone with her Grandpa, but she is just not herself without Dallas.
Dallas and Stella... they literally spend 24 hours a day together. It isn't often that they are seperated, but when they are, it really throws them for a loop!For all those who aren’t dog lovers, this may seem like a silly post. However, for those who understand how animals can become family, you will know how grateful we are that Dallas’ prognosis looks like he will be more than okay! He is still going to be a dumb dog, but that is just the way we like him!

7 comments:
Poor baby! He looks so sad.:( On a side note, I noticed that your baby counter only has 14 days left on it....soooo soon!!
Poor puppy! Glad he is going to be OK! I know by this time next year Gabby is going to be having so much fun with you dogs. We can't wait to meet her!
I totally get the "pets are family" thing. I still post about my cat that passed away a year and a half ago and about my current cat... and even Craig's cats. Yes, we had four cats when we got married and now we just have two. I'm glad to hear Dallas is doing well; I had a cat with the same type of growth and he had to have it removed... twice. Never fun for pet or owner... but they are a little funny on drugs.
Glad to hear that Dallas is doing okay! And really excited about the countdown to Gabbie!!!
I can't believe that your baby is born in 13 days now! I really can't wait to have a new baby cousin! I love you, Kimmie!
Love,
Paige
I'm not a dog lover but they are pretty cute. And totally understand how they become part of the family. Glad he's okay.
Poor Dallas! I have to admit, he is kind of cute! I can't believe you are down to 12 days!!! So exciting! Love you!
Post a Comment