The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Traditional First Bath

It has been a huge blessing and help to have my parents here since Gabbie has been born. My mom has cooked, done laundry, dishes, and gotten up at 2 am when I needed to just lay my head on a pillow. Even more, it has been great to have someone here to talk to you and make sure I am doing okay for my first week or so as a mom.
Gabbie even got to participate in the traditional first bath given by Grandma Dianne. My mom has done this for all of Janet’s and Amy’s kids their first bath. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of the other older grandkids also participated in this tradition!

She doesn't love being cold or naked. Needless to say, the bath wasn't her favorite activity so far!



Warmth and clothing at last! She survived!

Here are some pics of Gabbie’s first bath! She did pretty good! I think she will like her baths even more once we can immerse her all the way.

4 comments:

Santiago and Emily said...

Sooo cute! Love the new family pic. So glad to hear everything is going well. Can't wait to meet her in person! Love you guys!

idaho amy said...

I was so happy that Grandma was here to give me my first bath too! I think Gabbie is so cute! I can't wait to meet Gabbie!

Love,
Paige

P.S. Ditto what Paige said.:) Love you! Amy

Janet Stevens said...

I love her little, long, scrawny legs!!

Becky Ahlberg said...

She's a lucky little girl to have so many people who love her so much!