The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Friday, January 23, 2009

Our Little One is Finally Here!


Our little Angel!
Gabrielle Grace Brannon made her debut into this world on January 21, 2009 (she honored her mom by waiting for Obama to be President!) at 3:35 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and was 19.5 inches long!
She has LOTS of dark hair, much to her mom’s delight!

I started sporadic contractions on Tuesday night, which became more consistent around midnight. By 4am, I knew I shouldn’t head into work. At 5:30 am, I told Kiley he should probably get a sub. At 7:30 am we were headed to the hospital. When we got there, the nurse said I was only dilated to a two and it was probably false labor. I told Kiley that if this was false labor, I didn’t want to feel real labor! Within about 2 hours, I was almost to a 3 and was told it was real labor and I could stay! Another hour and I was begging for an epidural! Luckily, I was far enough along to get one!

Now, just a note on epidurals… I LOVE THEM! I told the man who gave me an epidural that I bet he was all the women’s favorite person. He told me that all the women forget all about him within 5 minutes. Just for the record, I will NEVER forget Richard and only pray that God will bless him for his fine work! I didn’t feel a thing after he left. Both Kiley and I are truly appreciative!

She doesn't do this very often, but when she does, she definitely has some lungs!

By 3:00 pm, I was ready to push! At 3:35, Gabrielle Grace entered this world in all her fame and glory! Kiley’s first response was, “She has wild hippie hair!” He couldn’t take his eyes off her after that. He is a natural!


Gabbie and her Daddy... I think he is in love!

Don't worry, we cut her nails as soon as she came home. They wouldn't do it in the hospital! Kiley is shocked she didn't claw her way out!

She had grandparents waiting to see her and has been surrounded by love since she made her debut!



With her Grandma Dianne and Grandpa Chuck
With her Grandma Dianne... If I can only be half the mom she has been, Gabbie will be truly blessed!

Grandpa Larry! He has been so excited! I think she will overtake Stella as his number one girl!

Honorary Nana, Deb. She is a dear, dear friend from work!


We got to bring her home the next day! We were all happy to be home! She has been a delight in the short time we have had her here. I look at her in amazement and cannot believe that it is not just Kiley and I anymore. Our lives will never be the same, and that is a wonderful thing!

The Brannon Family! We couldn't love our little girl any more!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh Kim, I'm tearing up right now! She is such a little sweetheart! I just want to hold her right this seccond! I hope you are feeling well and hanging in there. I can't wait to see her in person! Love you guys!

My Life as a Dog said...

Very cute. You will be a great mom! I'm so happy for you.

Shelli said...

She is beautiful. I miss a little baby(I can't believe I said that!) but mine is starting to crawl already. I hope you are doing well. Enjoy it!

Amber said...

I already LOVE her! She is so cute. I love Kiley's response to her hair. Can't wait to see her.

idaho amy said...

So happy for you! She is precious!!! And she is a lucky little one because we already know that you are a wonderful mother--you have already shown it through all the love and care which you have given to our children (who are so lucky to have you as an aunt)!

Love to you, Gabbie, and Kiley too!

Amy (your sister:))

Santiago and Emily said...

She is so adorable!! Can't wait to meet her in person. I am so happy for you and Kiley. Gabbie is lucky to have you! Love you guys!

Emily and Santiago