The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Saturday, January 24, 2009

We're Home!


Our wide eyed little girl!

We were able to come home on Thursday, January 22. We were all ready to leave the hospital and get back home!

I was very lucky to have a great pregnancy with no sickness! I felt great the entire time. I kept worrying it was the calm before the storm and I would have a difficult baby. Well, I am happy to report that this is not the case! Gabbie has been wonderful! The two nights we have been home, she has slept from about midnight until 7am, with just one forced feeding in the middle of that. I wake her up, feed and hold her, and she is out. 45 minutes later, she is back in bed. I don’t know how long this will last, but I will take it for now!

She loves her swaddler!

We have all enjoyed having little Gabbie home, but I think Kiley has especially enjoyed it. He truly is a natural with her. She lucky to have such a great daddy!
It is so fun to watch these two develop a special little bond. She really loves her daddy!

Kiley is close to mastering the burping, feeding, and diapering skills. He has even realized that I was right when I said he didn't his plastic gloves to change her diaper!

She loves to just sit and play with her dad's hands... Kiley thinks it is pretty cool too!

We have gotten lots of emails and well wishes! Thank you to everyone who shares in our excitement of our new little angel! It is amazing to think of how many lives will change due to this one little girl. We are so lucky to have her!

7 comments:

Becky Ahlberg said...

She is just the cutest little thing! I can't wait to see her in person. I'm glad to hear that she is doing so well for you at home. It looks as though she already has Kiley wrapped around her little finger. That's awesome! I am so happy for you Kimmy, to finally have a baby of your own. You have always been so good to your nieces and nephews. Congratulations!!!

Elizabeth said...

What a doll! Her hair reminds me of Sammy's when she was a baby. "Wild, hippie, hair" is a good description, Kiley!

I am so happy for you. She is a lucky baby!

amanda said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. She is adorable. I love all the dark hair.
I love the way a daddy melts when he had a little girl. So cute:)

idaho amy said...

I think you have a wonderful baby! I love her!

Love,
Paige

Lauren said...

She is so cute Kim! I could not be happier for you and Kiley. I know you have wanted this for so long. You are going to be such an incredible mother and you and Kiley are going to be great parents. I can't wait to see her! I can't believe all that hair!!!! I see she prefers the elevated positioner... that one seems to be the keeper :) LOVE YOU ALL!!! Tell Grandma and Grandpa hello!

Janet Stevens said...

She is just gorgeous! I want to hold her! I love when they are this little and sit all curled up on your shoulder!! We want more pictures!! Love you!

Bugzy said...

Kim
She is so beautiful. I am glad things went smooth for you. I can't wait to see you guys. Miss ya ... Congratulations
- love
Brandi