The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Getting Ready for Gabbie!

I only have about 3 weeks left before I am due… I truly cannot believe it! I have been so lucky with this pregnancy and felt great the entire time. I haven’t been sick once! Truly, other than being tired about 7 pm and unable to clean up after Dallas and Stella when they go outside, I can’t complain! I am still working, and hope to up until she arrives. I am looking forward to my 3 months off once she is here to just enjoy our new little girl.

I have also started to “nest”, at least that is what the books call it. I see it as more being prepared for our little girl when the time arrives. Either way, I have gotten her clothes washed, her bedding up, her swing ready, and all the other stuff ready for her arrival. Kiley won’t let me put the car seat bases in just yet, but I will soon! My nieces helped me pick out the paint! My father-in-law, Larry, had it painted for me! Thank you to both! I love it!


Gabbie's bedding! I love it!

An overall shot of her room. All the "stuff" (car seat, extra base, stroller, bouncy seat, etc) is jammed in the one corner at this point. No worries, it won't stay there!
My glider! Got up at 4am the Friday after Thanksgiving for this one! I only paid $125 for this $300 glider! Wahoo! Thank you, Larry, for setting it up!

Dallas and Stella are wondering what all the fuss and new stuff is. They are very curious and come into her room with me any time I am in there. They will have quite the adjustment when Gabbie arrives! We predict Dallas will adjust smoothly and Stella will become her protector.

Dallas is here wondering what is going on! I have not doubt that he will enjoy little Gabbie once she arrives! At least, I hope so!


As I have gone through everything, I am very grateful, and somewhat overwhelmed, at how generous all our family and friends have been. We really do have everything we need for Gabbie, and Kiley and I have bought very little ourselves. Thank you to everyone! Even more, I realize how loved Gabbie already is! She is definitely going to be a spoiled little girl, but we can’t for her arrival!

8 comments:

Shelli said...

The room looks great! I think that the paint color was perfect. I can't believe that you only have three more weeks. WOW! EXCITING! Can't wait to see her.

idaho amy said...

Wow, what a surprise...an update on your blog!:) Gabbie's room is darling! Everything looks so cute! I love the bedding and the paint and the furniture! Now all we have to wait for is Gabbie!

Love you!

My Life as a Dog said...

Cute bedroom. I love that you already have a name picked out and that you are using it. I'm excited for you.

amanda said...

We are having major computer problems so I have missed a few posts. 1st of all thanks for the tip. My new year goal is to set up a regular check up for my moles.
And you look no more pregnant than I saw you last time. You are carrying that baby really well.
I bet you can't wait for her to come. They change your life completely for the better. And little girls are so much fun:)

Amber said...

I love the paint! I can't wait until you have her! I already know she will be adorable!

Juli said...

You are much more prepared than I ever was. How cute! Definitely continue to keep us posted! I'm so excited...

Janet Stevens said...

Super cute! Like the updated blog colors to match! ;)

Amber said...

I love your blog look. Can you believe Gabby will be here in 15 days! I am so excited!