The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Relay for Life 2010

Yesterday was the Relay for Life here in Elko held at the high school. It is a relay event where teams ensure that at least one member of the team is on the track walking from 4:00 pm on Saturday to
9:00 am Sunday.

Teams also have different fundraisers going on throughout the event. Kiley, Gabbie and I got there right about 4:00 yesterday and walked for a little bit. We also took advantage of the different fundraisers and let Gabbie play some of the games. She had a great time! Then we headed home.

My scheduled time to walk was at 2:00 am. So, after sleeping a little, I got back up and was back at the track at 2:00 am. My good friend Karen Harris was kind enough to walk with me. So from 2:00 am to 3:00 am, we walked the Elko High School track. Lots of people just make a night of it and pitch tents on the football field. One guy was literally sleeping on the inside lane of the track! Have no idea how he managed that... no way I could actually sleep with people walking by me and the lights on all night. But it was fun to participate and I actually enjoyed my middle of the night time slot.

Best part is that we raised a lot of money for cancer research! Newmont had 2 teams and together we raised over $14,000.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED TO SUPPORT ME!
Gabbie and I raised over $700!

Heres to you Steph! We walked in your honor!


2 comments:

Sue said...

Good for you, girl! I'm sure Steph is proud.

Juli said...

Lots of love to you and what you've done!