Here is a video of people cheering and welcoming Obama!
I took others, but turned the camera so you would have to watch them sideways, not good. If anyone knows how to edit and rotate videos, please let me know!
I actually got to shake his and his wife's hand last time he was in town, but unfortunately, not this time. Hey, last time, I even made my CNN debut! Still, this time was as great and historic for me as the first time.
I loved how he ended his speach....
“The most important thing that I will do as president is restore opportunity for all Americans. To get our economy growing, we need to recapture that fundamental American promise that if you work hard you can pay your bills, that if you get sick you won't get bankrupt, that your kids can get a good education and go to college even if they're not rich. Now we can leave a legacy of greater opportunity for future generations. That's the change that the American people need.”
Not that you don't all know already, but he definitely has my vote!
1 comment:
When I told Sarah that you were going to see Obama speak, her reply was simple and as sincere as could be, "Well, that's exciting." Gotta love a 4-year-old who calls herself a "Little Democrat."
Post a Comment