The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Launch of the Brannon Family Blog

Welcome to the launch of the Brannon Family Blog. Now that we will actually have something to blog about, we thought we would join the masses of others in the blogging world. We also thought it would be a great way to stay in touch with family and friends and keep everyone updated on our exciting journey to parenthood!

For those of you don't know, we are expecting our first baby, a little girl, on January 22, 2009. We had our ultrasound last Friday to ensure that everything was on track and healthy. I am very pleased to report that although I suffer from "Advanced Maternal Age", medical definition: being over 35 and pregnant, everything looks great! After our 1 hour + ultrasound we were told that despite my condition, we are expecting a very normal and healthy baby girl! We were both very grateful to get that great news!

We are still working on names. If anyone has suggestions, let us know. I want something unique so that she doesn't have 3 other kids in her class with the same name. Also, since Kiley and Kim both start with "K" we want to avoid "K" names or sounds. We don't want to be the KKK. :-)

Here are some photos of our upcoming addition to the family!


Here is her little profile.... isn't she cute?


This is a shot of her straight on.


This is a shot from the top of her head with her little hand coming up. The gal doing the ultrasound was trying to get her to move by shaking my stomach. Her little had just shot up with some attitude like "Stop! Leave me alone!"


This shows her side view and she now measures about 14 cm long or 5.5 inches.


Her little leg!


And her foot.


Stay tuned for more exciting details of our little one to follow! Oh, yeah, and if anything exciting happens with Kiley or myself, we will add that too!

10 comments:

idaho amy said...

I guess I am the only one of the "three little girls" without a blog now. Oh well...:) Cute blog and cute pics of your little one!

idaho amy said...

Oh, and cute picture of you and Kiley too!

Shelli said...

Hooray for blogs. Girls are the best. I am excited for you!

Janet Stevens said...

Love your blog! She is a beauty!!

Brooke said...

Awww, she really is already cute! I can't wait to meet her in person!

amy said...

Advanced maternal age nothin! J-Lo was like 39 when she had twins...

I'm so excited it's a girl. I'll be happy to compile a real nice list of non-K girly name suggestions if you'd like... Congrats again! She's a looker!

Amber said...

So fun! I am so glad you started a blog! I love getting to see all the fun updates. She is already SO CUTE!

I ma excited for you two to have a little one. It is the best thing in the world!

Anonymous said...

KIM... Congrats on your new little one. I can hardly
wait to teach her how to draw with ink pens all over
mom and dad.

Jamie Densley Fieber said...

Dido to everyone elses comments! You're gonna be a spectacular mom and I'm so excited that you're coming out this weekend!

Juli said...

Kim... congratulations! This is great news. I suffered from your same condition when pregnant (I was 36 with Camron and 38 with Meaghan). Also, with both of my kids, they were two days old before we came up with names, so don't stress over it... you've got plenty of time! :-)