The Brannon Family
established July 2005

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Introducing Liam Coray Brannon

Liam Coray Brannon made his debut on February 16, 2012 at 11:12 am. He weighed 8 lbs. even and was 20 3/4 inches long.

Kiley and I went into the hospital at 12:30 am on the 16th for me to get induced. They were able to start the pitocin at about 1:30 am. Not much happened between that at 8:00 am. I was having contractions, but they didn't hurt at all. The nurse kept asking me what my pain level was on a scale of 0-10. It was maybe at a 1.

Kiley and I were both anxious for something more to happen. My doctor came in about 8:00 am and was surprised to see that things were moving as slow as they were and broke my water to get things moving. At that point he hoped I would have him by 4:00pm.

But move they did! He broke my water about 8:15 am and hard labor kicked in almost immediately. I had hard contractions from that point on. I got my epidural about 10:30 am, at which point I was dilated to a 3. By the time he was done with my epidural, I was at a 9.

The nurse called my doctor who didn't believe I could be that far along. He came in about 11:00 am and I pushed for about 10 minutes and Liam was here!

When I first saw him, I immediately thought he looked just like Gabbie!
Mom and Liam... I was smitten the moment I saw him!
Gabbie immediately fell in love with little Liam. Grandma Dianne did too!
Daddy and his little man!
Our little family is now complete. Welcome to the world, Liam Coray!
He has melted our hearts already!

4 comments:

Becky Ahlberg said...

I'm glad he is here safe and sound and doing so well. So happy for all of you! He is precious!!

idaho amy said...

He's so cute:)

Paige

Lauren said...

I can't believe that they induced you in the middle of the night and then just let you chill! Crazy! So glad everything moved more quickly after your water broke :) He is adorable and now Gabbie has her own mini me :) Love you all!

Janet Stevens said...

Update please. Not like you're busy with a new baby or anything. ;)

Love you!

Juan