Since we first found out I was pregnant, one thing I was very excited about was to see Gabbie as a big sister. She was so excited about having a baby from the time we told her she was going to have a little brother. Although she initially insisted it was not a boy, but a little sister, she finally accepted that it was a little brother.
We would watch videos and look at pictures of when she was a baby. I showed her some of right after she was born and she immediately responded, "Ewwwww, I was so icky! Will Liam be icky?" When I told her that yes, he would, she made it more than clear she didn't want to see him until he was cleaned up.
We also would talk about how Mommy would go to the hospital and that is where Liam would be born. Every time we passed the hospital, she would remind me that is where she was born and that is where Liam would be born and she would get to go with Grandma to see him.
So, the day Liam was born, my mom told Gabbie that he was finally here and they could go see him! She was SOOOOOOO excited! My mom said she jumped up and down and couldn't wait to meet her little brother.
From the moment she saw him, she loved was in love!
Here are her first moments with her new little brother.
She keeps a close eye on him.
She also brought him his first snugs!
She just loves this guy!!!
She loves to help with everything... baths, feedings, diaper changes, and anything else. She hears him cry and immediately tells me what I need to do to make him better! Even if we are in the middle of something, she wants to me to stop and take care of Liam.
When I was changing his diaper shortly after we brought him home, she was right there to keep an eye on him. When he started to cry, she ran out to the living room and got a toy. She brought it in and showed it to him, talking to him in her sweet little voice. When he kept crying, she exclaimed, "That didn't work!", and ran to get another toy. She did this about 4 times, to no avail.
She is such a sweet little girl and has really adapted well to being a big sister.
Some cute photos of the two of them...
I just love watching Gabbie with Liam. She is such a vibrant little girl with so much personality and love. She loves to share that love with her little brother, talks to him so sweetly, and just adores that little guy.
She is even willing to share her most prized possessions with him. One day I was in the kitchen and Liam was in his bouncy seat. When I came back into the living room, I found him surrounded with Gabbie's Snug and her Dora doll, all warm in her blanket. If you know anything about Gabbie, you know her Snugs is the most important comfort item she owns. Just a demonstration of how much she loves this little guy!
Liam has already been given certain roles to play, such as Prince Eric, Flounder, Sebastian, and others. I am sure that he has his work cut out for him in standing his ground with this sister. However, I also think he is one lucky little guy to have such a great sister who loves him so very much!
Even more, I am one lucky mom!






3 comments:
Super sweet! Those are two darling kids you have!
(I will have to show Jake & Paige this post after school--we were busy last night with gymnastics and scouts and didn't get a chance to see it.)
Love you,
Amy
Gabbie's so sweet!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Paige
She is so sweet with him! Gabbie, you are such a cute girl and such a good big sister to Liam! He is one lucky little brother!
Post a Comment