September 11, 2012... Gabbies first day of Preschool!
Gabbie has been so excited to start preschool. She loved picking out her backpack, princess of course! She helped buy her supplies and couldn't wait to get to use them.
We went to the open house a couple of weeks ago and at first she was very shy, like she normally is in new situations. But it didn't take her long to leave my side and check out the toys. Within a couple of minutes, she was playing and meeting friends. She didn't want to leave! I promised her that she would be able to come back soon.
So, on her first actual day of preschool, I wasn't sure what to expect. This was also her first adventure without her good friend, Tristyn, by her side. She was doing this alone and didn't know anyone else at the school. As we drove to the school, she asked lots of questions... one of which was, "Are you going to stay again with me mom?" I told her that I wasn't going to stay and that Jodi would be picking her up. I was a little worried about her reaction, but she was absolutely fine with it!
When we finally got to the school, she jumped out of the car and said, "Bye mom! I gotta go to school now!" And if I would have let it, that would have been the start of her school career.
But we had to do pictures, of course! I also had to walk her in and get her settled, more for me than her. We were actually about 5 minutes early and so we waited outside with the other kids and parents. Gabbie started making friends with a little boy in her class and admired all the different backpacks.
Then we went in, found her cubby and her seat and she was set. She gave me a kiss good-bye and a wave with her sweet little smile on her face. There she was, my little girl, and I couldn't have been more proud of how confident she approached this new new experience!
And although I was incredibly proud of my brave and grown up little girl, there was just a little part of me that was sad that she didn't need me. Oh, how I love her!







3 comments:
Crandall couldn't wait for Preschool this year. I can't believe he only has one more year and then he is in kindergarten. Our kiddos are growing up so fast!
Gabbie is growing so fast. I'm glad she loves pre school. It looks like fun. I can understand why she said her backpack wanted to stay home. It is almost as big as she is. I guess she will grow into it. Love you all. Grandma
Gabbie is really growing up and is quite the girl!
Post a Comment