
Gabbie, I cannot believe you are two years old! I am not sure where the time has gone, but it is going by all too fast! It is almost hard for me to remember what it was like getting up with you at night for your 2am feedings. I do remember consciously thinking that I needed to enjoy every second of this because each stage would be over before I knew it. I was right.
You are such a joy! Each and everyday you bring something new and exciting to my life. You are sweet and loving, compassionate and caring. When you saw me crying over Dallas dying, you got very sad and told me not to cry. Then you climbed into my arms and just gave your mom a hug. You have such a sweet heart and show so much love to those around you.

You are a mini-me of your dad. Other than your hair and your toes, everything about your physical appearance is your father. But you do have some of your mom in you. At 2, you can already recite movie lines, you like to pretend you are sleeping and you can be a little dramatic at times. As much as I deny it, there is a possibility you get that from me.
As I think about how much you have changed my life, I am amazed at the impact you have had in your 2 years. Snuggling with you, no matter how crazy the world gets, you ground me. You remind me of what is truly important and anything other our family seems small. Your laugh and smile can instantly make me happy. You have not only changed my life, but so many of those around you. You are a little girl who is so incredibly loved by so many people.
I love our weekends and when I hear your sweet little voice calling for your mom to come and get you out of bed. I love snuggling with you on the couch while you drink your juice. I love when I see you after work and you run up to me, give me a hug and tell me you missed me.
Of everything I have done in my life, nothing makes me as proud as being your mom.
Happy Birthday to my gorgeous girl... I love you, Gabbie Grace!
-Mom

Gabbie at 2 -
She loves Little Mermaid (especially the Witch), Beauty & the Beast, Nemo, and Monsters
She also loves Dora, Diego and Yo Gabba Gabba
Her favorite foods are chicken & ranch, hot dogs, blueberries and pineapple
Still loves her snugs and binky (although you have to "wash it" before bedtime)
Has to take her Nemo, 2 snugs, and baby with her to the babysitter everyday
Loves Frosty the Snowman
Loves to sing - favorites being Arial, Frosty, ABC's, and Moon
Hides under the kitchen table when she needs to poop
Mimics everything you do, from repeating what you say to clicking the toothbrush on the side of the sink
Gets very shy around strangers - you still have to earn the right to see her personality
Will tell you when she is sad
Notices the facial expressions of others and will tell you when they are sad
Has really started to play with the dogs - Although I am not sure Stella likes this
Talks up a storm - and can get quite bossy
Very polite, says please, thank you, no thank you and sorry without being que'd. My favorite is when you ask her to do something she doesn't want to do and she responds, "No thank you!"
Occasionally has to go to time-out and yells for mom the entire 2 minutes she is there
One time added, "KIM - I am talking to you!"
Loves to play in the bath tub, no water & fully dressed
Adores her daddy - she is a total daddy's girl (and has him wrapped around her finger)
She loves to shampoo and brush his hair (I don't let her brush mine as it gets tangled & pulled, we don't have that problem with dads! Works perfect!)
Loves to dance
Loves her mom & dad, grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, dogs, Jodi (her babysitter) and her friends
7 comments:
What a beautiful girl Gabbie is! I love the pictures from her birthday--she looks more grown up all the time. And I love the letter that you wrote to her. You, my dear sister, are a fabulous mom!
Love you-
Amy
P.S. I also love the pictures of you and Gabbie that you had professionally taken--they are beautiful!
i can't believe Gabbie is 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is so cute!!!!!!! when you get the package i hope you like it. i can't wait to see you again. i miss and love you.
love,paige
What a sweet darling girl! And what a wonderful mother you are to little Miss Gabbie Grace! Love you all!
What a wonderful letter to sweet Gabbie. She is beyond adorable! She is so lucky to have you for a mom, and I can tell how lucky you feel to have her. I am so happy for your beautiful family! I miss you. I'm glad you shared such a great birthday message.
I can't believe she is 2 already! She does have the sweetest personality and you know what I am not sure it is a bad thing she is so guarded with it. (Sometimes I wish Crandall was a but more guarded) :) She is so adorable and you are fantastic mom! Of course we always knew you would be!!
She will so love reading this when she's older... even 4! Love the pictures - beautiful. Love the post. So sweet. (And I told you it goes by fast!) :)
Post a Comment